Many people who have purchased AirPods complain about how easy it is to misplace or lose the charging case (and therefore the AirPods themselves). This problem is compounded by the fact that finding anything in a purse, backpack, or pocket can take some time.
However, many users are surprised to discover that the AirPods easily fit in most standard ear-canal headphones cases (a hard, zippered case that holds your earbuds), allowing you to use AirPods with any pair of headphones. This is especially useful if you have a favorite pair of wired headphones or if you would rather not spend money on an expensive third-party case.
How to Connect to Airpods Without Case
I already know that if I use case, it will be possible to connect wireless buds to my phone. but I feel like the case is too heavy and it should not add such quantity of weight on your pocket or purse. This is how i connected my airpods without the case.
Let your airpods and charging case stay near each other for few minutes. Now press and hold the button on the back of AirPods case with any pointed device (like earphone) for few seconds. It will make a sound.
Now you’ll see honeycomb animation on the iPhone’s screen…do not release the button yet! Still hold any pointed device to AirPods charging case and wait for 15 – 18 seconds, still holding the button on back of Airpods charging case.
After some time, you’ll see an animation of a grey battery with a lightning bolt…do not release the button yet! Hold for 4 more seconds. After another second, you’ll see a x/x icon on your iPhone display which means “connecting” and it will try to connect to AirPods case. Once it’s done, you’ll see an animation of a green battery with a checkmark.
How to Charge Your AirPods Without the Case
The AirPod case has a battery life of about 24 hours and is capable of charging your earbuds approximately four times. However, if you’re away from the case for longer periods, such as when you go to bed at night or for an extended workout session, it may be worth considering other methods for charging them.
You can use AirPods without charging case. To do this, first make sure the AirPods are close to your iOS device. Now open Control Center on iPhone or iPad, select Bluetooth option and tap on “i” button next to the AirPod’s name.
You’ll see an information message showing “Connected to Airpods”. This indicates that your AirPods are ready to use.
You can keep playing music with your AirPods until the battery runs out. When this happens, you’ll need to recharge them.
Some of the Problems That can Occur When Connecting AirPods Without a Case
– It is possible for your AirPods to disconnect from each other, requiring you to manually connect them back together.
– The battery in the charging case will always drain faster than when it is inside the case. It may not charge your AirPods at all if you leave it outside for too long.
– AirPods may stop playing music if they are not connected to the charging case.
Some of the Benefits of Using AirPods Without a Case
– AirPods automatically connect to your iOS device as soon as you take them out of the case.
– You can use any pair of earbuds with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and plug it into your iPhone’s Lightning port.
– AirPods will connect to your Apple Watch without needing to be paired.
– You can use Charging Case as a battery backup, and charge your earbuds any time you need by connecting it with lightning cable. This feature is especially useful if you’re someone who forgets to regularly charge your AirPods.
– Your Apple Watch will detect when AirPods are in your ears and display information about them on the screen. You can use this feature to activate Siri, control music playback, or have conversations with other people using CarPlay while driving.
As you can see, there are many ways to connect your AirPods without the case. Some methods will work better for specific situations than others, so it’s worth trying them all out and determining which one gives you the best experience.
I hope this article was helpful. I always appreciate feedback on my posts , so if you have any comments or questions, please let me know below.