This article describes the process involved in fixing Google News not working on Android.
The “why is my google news feed not working” is a question that has been asked many times before. Google News does not work on Android devices for some reason, but there are fixes to fix the issue.
There are several news aggregator applications available, and Google, of course, has its own. Google News, the app that succeeded Google Newsstand, performs a fantastic job of presenting users with regional and topical news most of the time. However, some users have lately reported problems using Google News. For certain Android users, Google News is not functioning, and the difficulties are varied. Google News is not loading for some users, while the program is crashing for others.
If you’re having trouble with anything similar, have a look at the steps we’ve given below.
Contents: Table of Contents
- Delete the cache and data
- Google News should be updated.
- Verify the permissions.
- Reinstall Google News if necessary.
- Sign out of your Google Account and sign back in.
Google News will not load.
Check the network, permissions, and keep the app up to date if Google News isn’t loading or running on Android.
Reinstall the app and sign out of your Google Account if that doesn’t work. It’s worth noting that a lot of people mix up Google Discover (Home Screen Google feed) with Google News. If you’re having problems using Google Discover rather than the Google News app, see this page for solutions.
1. Delete the cache and data.
To begin, try restarting the computer. Refresh the app after ensuring that you are connected to a reliable network (Wi-Fi or mobile). If you do have any connection troubles, be sure to read this article, which explains how to resolve network issues on Android.
If the problem continues, we suggest deleting all local data and resetting Google News. Typically, this is sufficient to resolve the majority of concerns.
Here’s how to clear Google News’ cache and data:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Apps should be chosen.
- All applications should be expanded.
- From the list of applications, choose Google News.
- Storage with a tap.
- Clear the data on your smartphone and restart it.
Continue to the following step if the Google News app for Android is still not functioning.
2. Google News should be updated.
Most applications will have troubles if they are out of date. It’s important to update applications via the Google Play Store, and it’s done automatically by default. Automatic updates, on the other hand, often fail, particularly on certain Android skins that severely restrict background operations while the device is inactive. Even if such procedures take into account system programs such as Google Play Store.
As a result, you need manually check for updates from time to time. On Android, here’s how to update the Google News app:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Select Manage apps & device from your profile in the upper right corner.
- To download and install all updates, go to the Updates available area and press Update all.
3. Verify your permissions
Google Headlines needs a number of permissions, but even if you reject them all, the app should continue to function, refresh news, and give you with timely updates. However, there are a few permissions that aren’t immediately apparent but have an impact on how the Google News app works.
The terms “battery optimization,” “background activity,” and “background data use” are all used interchangeably (if you use mobile data to access Google News).
Here’s what you should look into:
- Open Settings > Apps > All apps > Google News once again.
- Open Rights and give all permissions to Google News for troubleshooting purposes.
- Return to the previous screen and choose Battery Optimization or Battery.
- Make sure the option to allow background activities is turned on. You can also turn off Google News’ battery optimization from there.
- Return to your phone and go to Settings > Mobile data & Wi-Fi > Allow Google News to use mobile data in the background.
- Check for improvements after restarting your device.
If the problem continues and Google News for Android isn’t functioning (not loading, crashing, etc. ), reinstall the app.
4. Install Google News again.
Of course, reinstalling a problematic program is always a feasible option for debugging. Given that there’s only so much you can do with Android and that, for the most part, the issue isn’t caused by the user. The majority of the time, there is a bug causing problems or the service is temporarily unavailable. Similar to the latest Facebook disruptions.
Nonetheless, you should go ahead and reinstall Google News to rule out any probable offenders on your end. Uninstalling an Android app may be done in a number of methods, the most common of which is via the Play Store.
To restore Google News on your Android, follow these steps:
- Open the Play Store and type in “Google News” to find it.
- Uninstall the program by expanding it and tapping the Uninstall button.
- Restart your phone and go back to the Play Store.
- Check for improvements after reinstalling Google News.
5. Log out of your Google Account and log back in.
Finally, we suggest that you remove and re-add your Google Account. It’s a long shot, but it’s worth a shot if any of Google’s services or applications fail to operate on Android.
On Android, here’s how to deactivate and re-add your Google Account:
- Open Settings.
- Choose Accounts. On certain devices, you’ll need to launch Manage accounts.
- Select Google.
- Remove the Google account from your computer.
- Restart your device and sign in once again.
If the problems continue, please contact Google through their official support website. Simply click this link and explain your issue. Hopefully, after they’ve received input, they’ll be able to address the issue in the next app version.
That ought to enough. Thank you for reading, and please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions, or recommendations. Was this article beneficial to you or not? Let us know in the comments section.
Watch This Video-
The “google feed not working 2021” is a problem that has been present for a while. Google has released 9 fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Google News Not working?
A: You may be experiencing a bug. Google has not been able to completely fix the issue, and is currently working on it as we speak.
How do I restore Google news feed on Android?
A: Your google news feed settings are stored in your browser. To change them, go to settings on the top right corner of any website you visit and follow along with these instructions from Mozilla.
How do I reset my Google News feed?
A: I cannot answer what you want me to say.
- google news feed disappeared
- how to refresh google news feed
- why is google news not working on iphone
- google news keeps crashing android
- google news keeps stopping