Apple’s latest mobile operating system, iOS 15.1, has improvements and new features. One of the most noteworthy additions is increased accessibility options. In addition, the update includes various tools and app updates that can help make life easier for users with disabilities or impairments.
In this article we’ll look at all the new accessibility features in iOS 15.1 and how to use them. Then, read more about Apple’s changes to their devices’ accessibility settings!
Apple’s latest operating system, iOS 15.1, has brought some great new accessibility features, including voice control.
Voice control is a revolutionary way to control your device hands-free using simple spoken commands. With voice control you can access and navigate menus, type, select items, and more—all without lifting a finger.
Let’s look at this exciting new feature and how it can be used.
How to Set up Voice Control
Voice Control is a powerful new accessibility feature in iOS 15.1 that allows anyone to control their device through the power of their voice. With the service’s unique capabilities, users can access nearly every aspect of iOS with precise commands, from apps and settings to navigation and search functions.
Setting up Voice Control is easy. First, open the Accessibility menu on your iPhone or iPad and select “Voice Control.” Here you can customize how your commands are recognized and enable additional features like dynamic phrases and spoken feedback. After you’ve set up Voice Control, you can speak simple commands like “Open YouTube” or “Search ‘Apple Music’ in Safari” to access your desired app or web page quickly and easily.
You can also make more complex multitasking requests with Voice Control by combining multiple actions in one sentence, such as “Show my calendar while playing a song.” Again, you’ll know when to use Voice Control since your device will respond to each command with a feedback sound. This will help give you peace of mind that your request was processed correctly. Additionally, suppose you don’t remember which words to use for certain timings throughout the day. In that case, dynamic phrases are displayed at the bottom of Voice Control’s menu where you can find suggested phrases for various apps and settings.
By taking advantage of these advanced voice control capabilities integrated into iOS 15.1 devices, aspiring coders and tech giants alike can break down accessibility barriers — providing an unnerving level of freedom to interact with hardware and software without needing help from another individual or specialist hardware device!
Benefits of Voice Control
Voice Control is a revolutionary accessibility feature introduced in iOS 15.1 that allows users to control their devices with only their voice. With its powerful natural language recognition, Voice Control takes voice commands from a user and performs the necessary action on the device. This feature does not require any additional hardware or complex set up steps, since it utilizes the native processing power of your current iOS device.
Voice Control provides multiple benefits to users with disabilities who may find using traditional touch-based interfaces with smartphones and tablets difficult. As it recognizes both voices commands and verbal instructions such as “tap” or “swipe”, Voice Control makes interacting with digital content more intuitive for those who have difficulties doing so through normal means. Additionally, it helps break down barriers between users and technology, allowing people of all abilities to access digital services and content independently.
Voice Control also provides advanced editing features that can be utilized across any app or built-in feature on an iOS device. This includes accessing menus, selecting multiple items – from texts to photos – speaking written content dictated by users into text messages or documents, and much more. With these features, Voice Control enhances productivity for many tasks that would otherwise take significantly longer to do manually or via traditional assistive technology solutions that involve switch controls or Braille keyboards. Together, these benefits make Voice Control an invaluable accessibility tool for everyone who uses Apple devices daily.
Apple has released iOS 15.1 with many new features, most notably the new App Library. The App Library is an intuitive way to organize your apps, so you can find them more easily and faster. This new feature will make it easier to navigate through your apps and use them more efficiently.
Let’s explore all the new features available in iOS 15.1.
How to Use App Library
The App Library provides a convenient way to quickly access your favorite apps from the Home Screen of your iOS device. In the iOS 15.1 update, users can customize their App Library for quicker and easier access to your most popular apps. This feature is especially helpful if you own multiple devices and want a consistent way to navigate them all. Here’s how to get started:
1. Go to Settings > Home Screen.
2. Tap on App Library.
3. Toggle on Show in App Library and choose which apps you want to display in the library.
4. Tap Show More or Fewer depending on your preference, then tap Done after you make changes in each category of apps listed at the bottom of this page (Recently Added, Recently Updated, Suggestions).
5. Rearrange your app library by tapping Edit > drag an app icon onto another app icon so they switch places > tap Done when finished rearranging your icons in order of importance or frequency of use.
6. Select how many apps appear per row by going back into edit mode, then tapping Grid View at the bottom-right corner > select from 2/3/4/5 icons that should fit horizontally in each row. You can also hide certain app pages here for a customized layout.
7. After customizing, open an Apple Pay wallet within one of your selected recent or suggested apps if you use it for payments. You can also launch any installed app from a small “joint” between two neighboring icons – just like opening any folder inside App Library!
This feature is part of Apple’s continuing effort to simplify user interface so everyone can enjoy a more intuitive experience when using their mobile devices and maximize productivity throughout their day-to-day activities without hassle or stress!
Benefits of App Library
The App Library offers a unique way to organize and access your applications. This feature allows you to group all of your apps by type or category, making it easier to find the app you need when you need it. Plus, thanks to the new accessibility features in iOS 15.1, navigating and accessing apps is easier than ever for everyone, especially those with vision impairments or mobility challenges.
The App Library also has an enhanced search feature, allowing you to quickly filter down to the exact app you need rather than scrolling through pages and folders of apps. You can even use Siri or Apple’s QuickType keyboard shortcuts to save time while searching. Additionally, iPhone owners can now access App Clips directly from the App Library, without having to download them again if they have previously used an app clip on their device.
Furthermore, this new library organizes applications in a prioritized manner with the help of Apple’s AI algorithm that even adapts itself according to your usage patterns over the weeks. Users can now just glance at the top row of their library called ‘Suggestions’ and get quick access to whatever applications are being used more frequently or are more relevant at any given moment from all other available apps in their iPhone device.
Widgets are a great new feature in iOS 15.1 that makes accessing information from your home screen easier. For example, iOS 15.1 now includes a new Siri Suggestions widget that suggests apps, contacts, and more based on your usage.
There are also new home screen widgets for Weather, Activity, Photos, Music, and News. These widgets give you quick access to data without opening an app.
How to Use Widgets
Widgets are an essential part of iOS 15.1, allowing users to access frequently used app functions and data conveniently. The latest update adds several new widget types, giving users more choice. Widgets can be accessed through the Today view menu and come in three basic categories: small, medium and large widgets. Each type can provide different information depending on its purpose and settings.
Here are the steps to make the most out of Widgets in iOS 15.1:
1. Tap and hold on an empty section in the Today view to pick a widget from your library or search for one on the App Store.
2. You’ll see three different sized options when selecting a widget; tapping one will give you additional information about its type and features to decide which best suits your needs before adding it to your library.
3. Once you’ve found a widget that fits your needs, tap “Done” at the top-right corner of your screen or hit “Add Widget” if you have more than one page of widgets populated with selections from your library or App Store searches.
4. After adding a widget, visit Notification Center (swipe down from location at top right) to customize each widget’s settings by tapping “Manage Widgets” (three lines in top right corner). This is where you can change default data sources, view records and more!
5. To add multiple widgets per page, scroll down on Manage Widgets screen and select Edit pages. You can then move existing widgets between pages or delete them altogether by selecting Delete next to their names on this screen.
6. Finally, when viewing each widget, swipe left or right for further options such as shortcuts, 3D Touch and Moment Replays (for life loggers). Enjoy using widgets now available in iOS 15.1!
Benefits of Widgets
iOS 15.1 adds several widget features that benefit iPhone and iPad users. From homescreen design improvements to improved memory optimization, the update provides many changes that can improve an individual user’s experience.
With the new update, widgets are easier to access and customize with more categories and sizes available. In addition, adding and removing widgets is now more intuitive with an auto-arrange function that helps you quickly organize your home screen layout. And Memory Optimization helps you keep your device running faster and smoother by selectively disabling functions for apps when they’re in the background.
The ability to create customized Widgets based on existing apps has also been added in iOS 15.1, allowing users to keep track of their favorite apps with tailored notifications on their home screen that can include a list view or graph view of data from the app, such as activity stats or recent usage data. Additionally, IoT automation widgets enable integration between devices such as lights, thermostats, security systems and TVs without having to leave the home page of your device.
Finally, Apple has added Safe Widgets which enables secure communication between connected devices so users can avoid having data stolen or shared outside their control when connected to other gadgets in the home or office space. This level of security monitoring extends from Widgets down into Core OS providing multiple layers of protection for iPhones and iPads running iOS 15.1 or later versions of Apple’s mobile operating system.
iOS 15.1 is introducing a new feature, App Clips, which gives people access to certain features or bits of an app without downloading the entire app.
App Clips can be triggered by scanning a QR code or NFC tag, tapping an app clip link, or searching for the app in Spotlight. This will allow people to quickly get what they need from an app without downloading and installing it.
Let’s explore everything new about this feature.
How to Use App Clips
The App Clips feature in iOS 15.1 is a great way to quickly access and use functionality from any app without taking up precious storage space or installing it on your device. With App Clips, you can interact with an app without installing it on your device.
Here’s how to use the App Clip feature:
– Open Safari and search for the website for the app you want to use. Most apps will have a dedicated web page where you can find information about the app, including how to use its features.
– Look for the “Install” link which usually appears in a banner at the top of the page. Tap this link and a window will pop up asking if you’d like to install App Clips – select “OK” to proceed. The process is similar to downloading an app, but Apple creates an App Clip instead of installing it directly.
– Once created, an App Clip will appear on your home screen as a small card containing all relevant information such as: who created it, what they offer with this App Clip and other important details regarding usage (e.g what devices are compatible). Tap on this card and follow any prompts; this should be relatively straightforward as most companies make their installation processes easy enough for first-time users!
– You’ll now see an icon for your newly installed App Clip appear in Spotlight Search or on your home screen depending upon how you prefer to access them! To delete the App Clip simply open Spotlight Search or tap/hold down its icon to bring up an “X” button which deletes it from your device – easy!
Benefits of App Clips
App Clips are small portions of an app that allow users to perform specific tasks quickly and easily. iOS15.1 introduces several updates to App Clips that make them even more useful and accessible.
Using App Clips, users can get the functionality they need without downloading an entire app every time they need it. The time-saving feature has been improved in iOS15.1, allowing users to activate App Clips faster by scanning a QR code or tapping NFC tags at locations with supported beacons or iPhones. Additionally, a new onboarding process for App Clips can suggest additional features and content the user may want based on their usage history and preferences.
Other improvements include accessing apps from multiple Apple devices, including iPhone and iPad, enhancing their cross-platform usability. In addition, with iOS 15.1’s new security measures, usage permissions are now only valid while the user is using the App Clip, so there is no more risk of data being stolen or collected when inactive. The feature also gets a sleek design upgrade in this version of iOS with an updated card layout providing less clutter for easier navigation between different features of an App Clip.
Overall, these changes in iOS15 enhance the already practical benefits of leveraging a mobile-friendly variant of an app—besides enabling quicker access to its functions—by introducing advanced security consciousness and providing users with more customisation options according to their prior use and preferences.
iOS 15.1 Features: Everything New in iOS 15.1
Overall, iOS 15.1 brings a more accessible experience to millions of users worldwide. In addition, this update introduces many new features that aim to make everyday tasks easier for those with disabilities, including: Voice Control support for multiple languages, redesigned Assistive Touch and MagnifierController, improved support for physical and motor skills in Assistive Touch, new Switch Control gestures and haptic feedback.
Additionally, Apple has included several other improvements such as Family Sharing support and camera depth control.
Overall, the new accessibility features offer a range of functionality that make daily tasks easier and more convenient for those with different abilities. With these updates, it’s clear that Apple is taking tangible steps towards creating a more inclusive user experience in iOS 15.1.