Barcelona have not given up on a move for Erling Haaland despite the Norwegian’s injury.
Barcelona haven’t given up on Erling Haaland move next summer.
Discover all of the key transactions and see how we rated the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
TOP STORY: Barca continues to view Haaland as a viable option.
Barcelona are contemplating a bid for Erling Haaland next summer, despite their financial difficulties, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The 21-year-old has a £75 million release clause in his contract that expires in the summer. The article says that the price is doable for the club, but the larger problem is the player’s salary demands.
Barca feel they have a chance to sign the striker, owing to his and his agent’s eagerness to visit the Camp Nou last year, despite the forward’s entourage making numerous visits to other European teams.
Barcelona is said to have an additional €20 million to spend on recruitment in January, but they may have to hang on to that money in order to sign Haaland in the summer.
Mino Raiola, the player’s agent, is likely to want €20 million per year for Haaland’s contract, a demand that they may struggle to fulfill given the original release clause.
The Norway international joined Borussia Dortmund from FC Salzburg in 2020 and has established himself as a deadly striker in the Bundesliga. He has seven goals and four assists in five games this season, giving him a total of 47 goals in 48 competitive appearances for the club.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – If you don’t have ESPN, you’re out of luck. Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– Barcelona will have to restart negotiations with Sergi Roberto over a new contract after talks between the two sides came to a stop. According to Mundo Deportivo, negotiations between the player’s agent and the club had come to a halt. The youngster’s current contract ends next summer, and he will be able to negotiate with foreign teams in January.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent significant transfers • January transfer grades
– According to writer Ekrem Konur, Newcastle United are interested in Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale of Wales. Real Madrid are unlikely to extend Bale’s contract, which expires at the end of the season, making a return to the Premier League an appealing alternative. In terms of Ramsey, Juventus are considering a midfield rearrangement, with the 30-year-old seen as a possible transfer target.
– According to Calciomercato, Juventus is trying to beat their rivals by offering Weston McKennie in a possible deal for Aurelien Tchouameni. The Monaco midfielder has been connected with a number of big European clubs, but the Old Lady must sell players in order to acquire anybody in the midfield, and McKennie is one of the players who is free to go.
– Juventus winger Federico Chiesa has been linked with a move away from the club in recent weeks, and his valuation has risen to above €100 million. The Italian international is highly regarded by the club, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, little over a year after making his Serie A debut. The 23-year-old winger has previously been linked with Liverpool, Chelsea, and Real Madrid, with Juventus still trying to create a future around him.
– According to AS, Real Betis are planning to extend the contract of teenager Rodri Sanchez. The 21-year-old offensive midfielder has excelled since getting into the first squad and is poised to sign a new contract with a €40 million release clause that will keep him at the club until 2026.
- erling haaland transfer
- erling haaland transfer news
- haaland chelsea